Wednesday, December 07, 2005

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.



I went over to the Pagliacci blog and noticed his newest entry and an email from "Max Maven" in the form of the following:

Subj: Activity
Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2005 8:33 AM
From: MaxMaven@aol.com
----------------------------------------------------------------
What a charming blog.

Fuck me? No, I think it would be far better if you were to go fuck yourself.

Sincerely,

Max Maven


Of course, this was in response to Pag's entry regarding Max's newest book, Protocols of the Elders of Magic.

Funny thing is, I agreed with Pagliacci's first take on the book. Still do. Having met the Mav, I know that he is a pretentious individual who feels his shit doesn't stink, and that keeps me from wanting to have anything to do with him and the horse he rode in on. My life is fuller for it, and it would take much more than a "fuck you" letter to change my mind about him.

Pagliacci, why apologize to this sad excuse of a human being simply because he told you to go fuck yourself? The reason Max is the way he is is because too many magicians kiss his ass already. Hopefully, it was Brad Henderson's email and not Max's highly educated and non-personal email that changed your mind about the book.

MM

2 Comments:

Blogger Pagliacci said...

Upon re-reading my post after seeing yours, I edited my post to better reflect what I meant. I haven't had the fortune (good or bad) to meet Max, so I shouldn't have directly assaulted his character. However, I still believe attacking his actions is fair game and I stand by my opinion. Could I have expressed my opinion (which I still stand by) in a less vulgar and less offensive way? Probably. But it would have been a lot less Pagliacci.

2:27 PM  
Blogger MagicMafia said...

I appreciate your comments and reading the entry. I'm glad you stand by your opinion. You're one of the few of us left who aren't afraid to tell it like it is.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home